In this episode of the NP Local podcast, co-hosts Jason Cass and Scott Niermann, MPA, CFRE, discuss the studies that they found about mindset and the book entitled, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success.
- What was valuable about mindset? (2:26)
- Scott shares a story about a photo that has been in his files for a few years that has Dr. Dweck’s name on it. (2:37)
- Scott mentions Dr. Dweck’s book, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. (2:50)
- Scott explains the difference between the fixed mindset and the growth mindset. (3:11)
- Scott mentions the Life Leadership website. (7:17)
- Jason shares the two types of core values. (13:38)
- What’s one of the factors that differentiate the two types of mindsets? (14:01)
- Jason shares his opinion about the mindset that’s connected to a denomination. (15:59)
- Scott mentions a New York Times bestseller book entitled, Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence. (21:10)
- “As a fundraiser, are we making the pie bigger, or is it a fixed pie? We only get our little slice, and that’s it. As folks who promote philanthropy, we want that pie to be as big as possible, for all nonprofits.” – Scott Niermann
- “Mindset doesn’t mean you do the job. Mindset means you become a leader and cast a vision to get people to buy into that, and that’s huge.” – Jason Cass
- “If we do enough of the right things, that’s when the magic happens and that’s true in business. Have to have the core processes down, then you can start to take off in the future. When you know you have to do A, to get to B, to hit the target of C, you can set those goals now.” – Scott Niermann
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Nonprofit Insured
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Life Leadership
- Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence