As a leader, you want and need to have influence – but how do you begin? It’s really all about others and how you treat them, and not so much about you! In this episode of the NP Local podcast hosted by Jason Cass and Scott Niermann, listen to a short episode based on John Maxwell’s book by the same title.
- Scott discusses the first key point from John Maxwell’s book, Becoming a Person of Influence, which is that everybody has an influence on somebody. (2:18)
- Jason shares how the word influence is very significant to him and how this has become the name of one of his podcasts. (3:00)
- Scott explains that nothing is more important than integrity and how it relates to being an influencer. (6:07)
- Scott shares that in order to be able to influence other people, one should be able to know how to nurture people. (7:56)
- Jason and Scott explain that it is very important to listen to what your team has to say. (10:42)
- Scott shares that the next point in Maxwell’s book is about helping people realize their own skill set. (13:05)
- Jason shares a saying from one of his mentors that that has had a tremendous impact on him. (16:06)
- Scott shares the importance of delegation and that empowering a person is similar to enlarging them. (18:02)
- Scott explains that insecure leaders feel threatened by the very individuals that they’re supposed to be mentoring. (19:00)
- Jason shares that one of the most important things about being an influencer is that you are able to produce other influencers. (19:33)
- “We as leaders, navigate for other people, if you’re going to influence them, you are helping them navigate.” – Scott Niermann
- “When you’re the leader, there are certain things that you will decide and your team will not agree on, and you have got to make the call. That’s why you’re in that role, but you can still listen to their ideas.” – Scott Niermann
- “There’s a lot of things that can be done, and there are others that will help you with that, but you’ve got to be a leader and a person of influence that passes that baton.” – Jason Cass
- Book: Becoming a Person of Influence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting
- NP Local Podcast