Are you a nonprofit employee, board member, or volunteer feeling worn down or even a sense of burnout? Do you understand how critical it is to your organization that you recognize the symptoms and signs of burnout, and address them accordingly?
- Scott mentions that employee burnout is real and common in the nonprofit sector, especially post-pandemic. (1:42)
- Jason explains that dealing with other people’s money that has been entrusted to you as a nonprofit, and as a leader in the organization, is stressful, no matter who you are. (3:26)
- Scott discusses a Givebutter blog article from May 2022 about nonprofit burnout statistics that he can relate to. (4:14)
- Scott mentions that he has recovered from burnout four or five times in his 5-10 year career. (9:25)
- Jason mentions that he is currently reading the 5 Love Languages, a book that is so relatable that it works for people and would also work in business. (12:11)
- Jason explains that today’s jobs are more demanding, and burnout may develop as a result of unfulfilled expectations. (14:20)
- Jason discusses how one of his team members’ lives was changed after 20 years of being burnt out in the insurance business, and how Virtual Employees helped to ease some of the burnouts. (16:16)
- Scott explains that he had trouble accepting the fact that half of his staff would be out of the workplace due to their hybrid work arrangement but we are all adapting to a new reality. (18:48)
- “We have become in the last 10 to 15 years, a very intellectual, emotionally talented, driven society, especially when it comes to work.” – Jason Cass
- “Not just the managerial level and the cultural level, but the individual, we all have to adapt to this new reality.” – Scott Niermann
- “The job is demanding more today. And sometimes, that burnout is because they’re being unfulfilled.” – Jason Cass
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting
- NP Local Podcast
- 3 Tips to Banish Productivity Burnout
- Nonprofit Burnout Statistics
- A Nonprofit Employee Says He Quit His Job After Having Anxiety and Heart Palpitations From Burnout
- Check this out for the “Wheel of Your Life” exercise: https://www.scottkniermann.com/pageblogarticles/2021/1/3/goals-and-resolutions-a-journey-in-change