In this episode of the NP Local podcast Jason Cass and Scott Niermann discuss how a leader takes care of their team. Whether you supervise nonprofit, for-profit, or volunteer staff, check out this brief discussion for some ideas about leading your team well.
- Jason shares that different types of relationships all have similarities in what they require, and this starts with appreciation. (3:00)
- Scott shares the concept of giving your team acceptance, inspiration, and recognition (AIR) which he heard about in a podcast. (6:13)
- Jason explains the importance of getting to know what your employee values so that you can support them and show them appreciation in a way that is tailored to them. (9:12)
- Jason shares how they support their team in his office. (13:11)
- Jason explains that it is good to get to know each other outside of your business lives. (15:56)
- Scott shares about recognition and how this can be used to help lead your team well. (17:18)
- Scott explains that showing appreciation doesn’t have to be a big gesture and can go a long way. (21:13)
- “It’s our time to reconnect. And so, not only does the next generation expect this, maybe not on that big scale, but show your appreciation. It doesn’t have to feel like an obligatory thing. You know, do something a little bit creative. And, really, let’s just say thank you” – Scott Niermann
- “In a relationship, first it’s acceptance, right? Accepting that person for who they are because we’ve all got quirks. We all got certain gifts and knowledge, and we’ve all got the desire to be part of a team or part of a relationship.” – Scott Niermann
- “My really, really good friends are just as important to me as my co workers. They’re building the empire that is helping serve the community and what we’re doing.” – Jason Cass
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting
- NP Local Podcast
- Three Ways Great Leaders Show They Care About Their Team
- 12 Tips for Taking Care of Your Employees
- The Art of Caring About Your Employees