This episode of the NP Local podcast is hosted by Jason Cass and Scott Niermann. For those not in the nonprofit world, why does volunteerism matter? For those in nonprofits, small and large, do you know why people volunteer and how they think? Another form of giving is volunteering one’s time. This is incredibly important to not only that individual but to nonprofit organizations far and wide. Listen for more wisdom from the hosts of NP Local related to volunteers and volunteering.
- Scott shares what he has seen in his foundation coming out of the pandemic. (2:32)
- Did Scott have any problems trying to get employees? (3:17)
- Jason shares why transforming their organizations could be beneficial. (5:30)
- Scott mentions a report from Volunteering in America. (7:40)
- Scott shares that Utah has a particular religious denomination that requires and expects young adults to go out and volunteer. (8:33)
- Scott explains the difference between hard matches and soft matches in the grants business. (12:23)
- Scott shares a couple of things about volunteering. (14:58)
- Scott mentions why he believes in snatching folks up. (17:20)
- “Nobody’s being paid to necessarily volunteer. You look at the tasks that they do and the skills that they bring. Whether they’re a retiree, an eager young person, or maybe looking to volunteer their way into a paid job, that’s the value they bring to these organizations.” – Scott Niermann
- “I think if there’s anybody that doubts the value of these volunteers, go to one of the smallest nonprofits and ask if they would even exist if they didn’t have volunteers.” – Scott Niermann
- “The volunteer spirit of this country is strong and it is unique. It’s part of what makes America great.” – Scott Niermann
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Nonprofit Insured
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting
- Volunteering in America report
- Value of Volunteer Time in America
- Mayo Clinic – Health Benefits of Volunteering