In this episode of the NP Local podcast hosted by Jason Cass and Scott Niermann, Jason and Scott discuss how the Charting Impact framework will help your organization articulate long-term goals, programmatic strategies, capabilities, and impact your constituents, funders, and even new staff and board members as you onboard. But, how do you go about writing this? How is it similar to, but different from strategic planning or marketing? Keep it simple with your NP Local hosts and take time to research, reflect, and then get this done for your organization!
- Scott mentions the first step in preparing a report. (7:31)
- How does Scott feel about utilizing your board when you only have 1-2 people in the organization? (9:19)
- Scott shares why it’s important to have someone manage the writing process. (11:02)
- Scott mentions the GuideStar Charting Impact. (11:55)
- How does Scott go about changing his community? (16:26)
- Jason shares how to draw people into your organization. (19:23)
- “Anybody that’s that motivated to work in a nonprofit, which may or may not be the largest pay they’ll ever make in their life… They’re motivated. And, they’re going to do the kind of work it takes. You don’t have to have degrees. You don’t have to have all of this, necessarily, to make an impact in your community.” – Scott Niermann
- “When you can find the individual that is particularly good at a specific task, you’ve got to keep your eyes and ears open as you network. It is absolutely worth the expenditure as you can afford it, to get something done quickly, with the person that’s going to do it best.” – Scott Niermann
- “You change communities by motivating donors. You change communities by serving. That servant leadership mindset, and by having programs that truly meet a need that doesn’t so much duplicate other things in your area but, are filling a niche.” – Scott Niermann
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Nonprofit Insured
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting
- Charting Impact Guide
- Guide Star