In this episode of the NP Local podcast hosted by Jason Cass and Scott Niermann, they’re completely on target for today’s fundraising environment. Enjoy a short conversation with veteran fundraiser Sandi Byrd, ACFRE. From the early years of Loudon County Habitat for Humanity with its Founder to working at a small affiliate today, Sandi brings wisdom from over 45 years of nonprofit experience. Sandi and Scott share excellent points on the strategies of showing impact, accountability, and on partnering in your community. Don’t miss it!
- Scott introduces Sandi Byrd. (1:15)
- Sandi shares her background. (3:28)
- What drives Sandi to being in fundraising for 45 years? (6:05)
- Sandi shares her previous experiences that made an impact. (7:55)
- Sandi gives her philosophy on collaborating or partnerships. (12:01)
- Scott mentions one of the things that some organizations are scared of when it comes to partnership. (12:56)
- What other expectations does Sandi think that donors have along the lines? (16:42)
- “My favorite is working one on one with people to help them. One thing I think I learned the most from habitat was that the people that give are as much a beneficiary as the people who they help with their gifts.” – Sandi Byrd, ACFRE
- “I think people are understanding the fact that if they do a partnership, all the good things about each one can really develop by being together and by collaborating.” – Sandi Byrd, ACFRE
- “The stories are really what people turn to if you get a real life experience. Something that happened to somebody in their life because of what they’ve done means everything.” – Sandi Byrd, ACFRE
- Sandi Byrd LinkedIn
- Loudon County Habitat for Humanity
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Reach out to Scott Niermann – Scott can assist with church, nonprofit, and commercial insurance in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Nonprofit Insured
- The Insurance Alliance serves organizations in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Niermann Coaching and Consulting